Saturday, January 10, 2009

Windows 7 Beta





I downloaded and installed Windows 7 Beta today. So far, it seems pretty cool. Only thing I am having trouble with, is personalizing my desktop. I don't really care for the different settings that are available so far. I'm sure something different will come out before the beta test ends in August of this year. When the test ends, I will have to install a new OS on my laptop, but I made recovery discs so I am ok there. Microsoft recommends a dedicated test computer for the beta test, so I put it on my new laptop, which I haven't used very much. I'll let everyone know what I think of it.

One thing I thought was pretty cute....This is a beta program and the default desktop is:



A Siamese fighting fish, more commonly known as a beta. Some people spell it with two t's. i.e. betta. I'm not too sure which is actually correct, and it doesn't seem important enough to look up.

For my desktop I chose:



I apologize for the quality of the picture. I guess you have to be smarter than the camera to take a good picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment