Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Touchdown Jesus



A six-story statue of Jesus Christ near my home town was struck by lightning and burned to the ground a couple of days ago, leaving only a blackened steel skeleton and pieces of foam that were scooped up by curious onlookers on Tuesday.



Already there are numerous theories going around: "The Devil did it." "God was displeased at the image."

Personally, I think Elvis did it!

Regardless....the church is going to spend over $700,000.00 to replace it. I guess it's their business, but I can think of a hell of a lot of places where that money would do more good than in a plastic statue.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah...like on the gulf coast for starters!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! so there are no mission that can use the $ or no elderly in need in their congregation? or community??? So, all members think this is where there offerings should go? hmmmm???
    Hello Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so glad to see ya again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Donna. Good to see you, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care if it rains or freezes
    As long as I got my plastic Jesus.

    ~~Baby Dare

    ReplyDelete