Monday, February 15, 2010

George (No Show) Jones



Listening to an old George Jones CD....Often known as "No Show Jones" because of his habit of getting drunk and not showing up for his shows, George has had some tough times in his life. Many, like my own tough times, brought on by himself. Still...even though I am not really a country music fan....in my opinion he is one of the best singers to ever come down the pike.

Below is one of my favorite songs of all time. if any of my friends...and you know who you are.... want a copy of the CD, let me know. I will make you one and send it to you. I will send it to Texas, Utah, PA, VA, or Ohio. Those of you in TX will have to send me your address, of course. I promise to not stalk you. :)

"Imagine a world where no music was playing
And think of a church with nobody praying
Have you ever looked up at a sky with no blue?
Then you've seen a picture of me without you

Have you walked in a garden where nothing was growing
Or stood by a river where nothing was flowing
If you've seen a red rose unkissed by the dew
Then you've seen a picture of me without you

Can you picture heaven with no angels singing
Or a quite Sunday morning with no church bells ringing
If you've watched as the heart of a child breaks in two
Then you've seen a picture of me without you."

2 comments:

  1. Possum! "If Drinking Don't Kill Me, Her Memory Will."

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWqbazi67Uw&feature=related


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6j2YBD--1U

    ...one of my favorites:


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp5Rdb9ncfM

    ~~Baby Dare

    I used to go into the Silver Diner, punch out one of these twenty times in a row and make the patrons hate me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same ol' Dare.... I enjoy your wonderful sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete