Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Open Cockpit Bi-Plane Ride




Today, I took the bi-plane ride that I was given for my birthday. I'm actually in the plane you see above. It was pretty exciting. More so, because my wife Marsha told the pilot that I have been a paratrooper, which impressed him no end. He's never jumped, and was blown away when he asked me how long it had been and I told him only about 8 years, when I was 60. He said, "Well, since you were a jumper, I guess you want an exciting ride...I will do some 'ups and downs'" he said. What could I say? Of course I said: "Sure...go right ahead. Anything you want to do." I need to talk to Marsha, and ask her to keep things to herself. :) Truthfully, it wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed it. He didn't get too wild. Following are a few pictures, and if I can get it uploaded, a video of me taking off. I have never worked with videos before, and neither has Marsha and our friend Pat who actually took the video.

This is the plane I rode in.



Here I am climbing into the cockpit.



Sitting in the cockpit waiting on the other passenger to get in. Looks Like I am going to be the pilot, doesn't it? Actually, the Pilot sat in the very rear and the other passenger and myself sat in the front.



Taxiing to the field to take off.



Here we are taking off.


Following are a few pictures I took by leaning out of the plane. The Pilot said it was ok :)

The two large buildings are Honda, when my wife works.



A neighborhood close to mine.



Returning to the field.



It was an exciting and pleasant experience, and I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment