Sunday, August 23, 2009

Well, they finally put me on oxygen. I guess it's not as bad as it could be, though. I only use it at night, so far. I've been using it for about a week now and can't tell any difference.



I have an oxygen concentrator, which is the grey piece of equipment in the picture. The oxygen tank is in case we have a power failure at night.

The air we breath is made up of approximately 21% oxygen, 78% nitrogen and about 1% of argon and other trace gases. A concentrator removes up to approximately 94% of the nitrogen and furnishes nearly pure oxygen.

Could be worse, I guess.

3 comments:

  1. Matt,
    I hope and your OK! I'm kinda shocked to see ya on a concentrator. My prayers are with ya
    Scrappy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Donna. I'm doing as well as can be expected, I guess. I have been struggling with COPD/Emphysema for a number of years now. There are a lot of them out there worse off than me, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt,
    I wanted to stop by and say thank you for the comments. It means a lot to me. That particular blog is for me and I write it the way I see or feel it. I'm glad there's a few who understand what I'm trying to say.
    I like your attitude. I'll be praying that everything goes well for you.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete