Sunday, April 5, 2009

URP!

Yesterday, my friends Pat and Russell took pity on me because I had been abandoned by my wife, who went with her Red Hat Group to visit her mother in the town she lives in about 40 miles from us.
They took me to eat at a Texas Roadhouse Restaurant.
This was the first time I had ever eaten in one, and it was a really pleasurable experience. I had filet mignon, baked sweet potato with all the fattening stuff....marshmallows, butter, brown sugar, cinnamon....and green beans. Prior to eating, we had an onion blossom. It was by far the best one I ever ate. Delicious.
The steaks are cut each day, and there is a refrigerated display case as you walk in showing the different steaks available.
They also have a bucket of peanuts on the table to nibble on while you are waiting for your meal. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to enjoy them for reasons I won't go into here. :)
We had a fine young waiter named Patrick, who did a great job taking care of us.
All in all, a fine meal and a good time. I highly recommend the Texas Roadhouse Restaurants to you if there is one near you.
After reading this, Marsha said I ate better than she did, and is now pouting until I take her to the Texas Roadhouse. :)

4 comments:

  1. Matt,
    a bit of texas huh? I did'nt know they had roadhouses that far north. I do agree good food!
    PS I love the Red Hats!!
    Scrappy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Scrappy. You're a sweetie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think we have those, but it looks similar to Outback, but with better steak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have an Outback here, too, Falsie, and I always enjoy going there. IMHO, though, the Texas Roadhouse has them beat.

    I will be in your neck of the woods next week. :)

    ReplyDelete